What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#6830 by boofredlay
Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:04 pm
This is not a big one, especially if you have your layers set up properly.
However I would like to see an option in the xref manager to "pick" layers (in the xref) to turn it off. Much like the Layers / On Off / Match command.
#6835 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:27 pm
Hi Eric,

Sounds good -- although, I'm not sure that you can use a Match click when a dialog box is active? Currently, the Match command only works for menu commands, IIANM.

Using the list of GTV's would seem to be even better, since it is hard to turn something on with a Match click? I try to set up GTV's that are specific to how I want to use a file as an XRef, and then switching on and off whole groups of layers all at once is just one click.
#6840 by MtnArch
Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:39 pm
Eric is referring to something that Acad will do - and it IS way cool!! It is a very big time saver!!

I'm going to add this one to the wishlist for 12. Thanks, Eric for bringing this one up!
#6843 by Dick Eades
Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:09 pm
Acad does this because the layers of the xref are listed in the layer manager, a technique that I find bothersome, especially since we cannot import Acad's xref's, so we end up with a file with a lot of empty layers.