What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#7193 by Dick Eades
Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:03 pm
I wish. Sometimes, I need to have two different scans on the screen and it is very difficult to register them to each other without some form of transparency. Also, signs that are inserted as bitmaps need to be transparent if there is something behind them that needs to be seen.

This would be a welcome feature.
#7235 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:41 pm
Great idea Arthur,

Perhaps you could add a transparent solid fill with 'degradé' tones.

A possible improvement (for DC 12) on selection of solid fills, which would allow its selection by the fill itself, will bring us closer to an improved fill and bitmap management.

Thanks,
Miguel
#7260 by Arthur Emmanuel
Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:02 am
Miguel Palaoro,

Congratulations. Your DataCAD videos are good. I am a datacader architect from Paraiba, Brazil.

Is it possible CorelDRAW object in DataCAD 12? And lines with ' degradé ' for textures?
#7267 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:18 am
Thanks Arthur.

About the addition of Corel Draw objects into DataCAD I am not so sure that it would be a really good help, since are the Corel Draw "features" that makes great the job with that software, not the "objects" theirselves.

Perhaps we can have some helpful improvements from your wish item for DataCAD, of putting transparency onto bitmaps or solid fills. We could simulate shades to our objects and it would help to increase the quality of images for the presentation sheets.

There are several features in DataCAD 11 that allows to create symbols with interesting effects for presentations.

Have you explored it ?

On the preview of V.12 one point remarked can be the 'embedding' of materials into the objects (and symbols?).

There are good news ahead. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Miguel