What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#7365 by boofredlay
Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:14 pm
In AutoCAD (I know, I know) when you close a drawing, if you have not done anything to it but just look or zoom, it does not ask you if you wish to save the changes, it just closes. If you have made changes, it does ask you, unless you just did a "save".

I know it is a minor wish, but it is nice.
#7370 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:48 pm
Hi Eric,

This was actually one of the things that v11 was supposed to do, at first. However, for whatever reason, it was pulled as a feature. So yes, it would be cool if we could get this feature, again.
#7379 by Tony Blasio
Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:29 pm
I agree too. Sometimes you get in a file to check something, tab back to another drawing do some work, then later close the original file and not remember if you did anything or not. Or if you did you don't remember if it is something you want to save or not.

This gets my vote :!:
#7397 by Brian Engebretson
Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:01 am
If my memory is correct, the reason this feature didn’t make it in v11 is that there wasn’t a consensus as to what changes were minor enough to not warrant a prompt to save. If you change views, should it ask to save? And there are probably times when you just open a drawing, zoom in or out, and still want that to be saved. At least that is how I remember that debate from way back. As usual, I may be mistaken.