What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#7424 by RPadgett
Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:57 pm
I don't think we can (at least not yet) Its only the first 4 linetypes that will do this, solid, dashed, dotted, and dot-dash.
#7427 by Tony Blasio
Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:28 pm
Yes not possible currently. I don't know if Dave G. or someone will chime in but I would like to know why this is limited? Is it something to do with the code being different for custom linetypes or is it a spacing issue? :?:
#7429 by Paul Nida
Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:35 pm
We have never been able to do this and I have been asking for it since about version 3. I don't know why it is not possible to fix since as far as I know, ACAD has been able to do it for a long time. But it must be REALLY hard since it has never been addressed.
#7458 by Dick Eades
Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:09 pm
It seems like I remember being able to do this briefly in an earlier version, but it didn't last long before it got "fixed'.
#7463 by Paul Nida
Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:50 pm
You may be right Dick. But it is one of the first things I ususlly check when I receive a new version and I don't ever remember being able to do it. But I ask for if every so often. The other thing I like to bring up is the fact that we still can't fillet lines and arcs, except in one direction that is. These both seem very simple to me. So I don't understand why these two things can't be fixed.
#7474 by Dick Eades
Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 am
I'm not talking about recent history. This was more than 15 yrs. ago.
#7482 by Sinha
Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:49 pm
In My Honest opinion, D11's architecture is still in DOS...Thats why we still have not achieved,
Smooth Arc Factors with custom lines, ie. limited to first 4 line types only
Multiline Text
GTV names limited to 8 Characters
Cannot Snap to Arcs, Polylines
Should I stop or Go on,
These are very basic things that is needed in a CAD software

Please correct me If I am Wrong
#7486 by Paul Nida
Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:56 pm
Dick, I have been using DCAD for more than 18 years, and I don't remember ever being able to use user line types on arcs without it segmenting.
#7492 by Dick Eades
Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:54 pm
Well, it could have been 18 years. It was about in that time frame.