What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#7433 by Tony Blasio
Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:02 pm
Lately I have begun using polylines in place of Horizontal Slabs. This allows me to have curves and no point limits. However, these cannot be rotated to take the place of Vertical Slabs.

The wishlist is for a replacement or new 3D entity like polylines. I guess it would be a Poly Slab. A true 3D entity that had both horizontal and vertical versions that function like the 2D polylines.

Did this make sense :?:

Any thoughts :?:
#7439 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:20 pm
Yes please, please, please! This would be great. I would guess this new type of basic entity would become a major building block for parametric use. Starting with a new, clean type of entitiy with many limits we currently have being removed would be a good step forward. I'd bet that these types of big limitation fixes are on the upper end of the wishlist.
#7453 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:06 pm
I sympathize with the Polyslabs.
My wish would be that the polyslab would be actually a 'slab' improved with the polylines features, from any space orientation.

The polyline itself is a great design tool, as is is kept as an integer poliline. If it will be transformed into another or exploded into its single parts it becomes virtually unmanageable, because it becomes hugely fractured.
Wouldn't be a big help indeed.

But, I believe a Polyslab can become a great modeling tool.

My vote for it.

Thanks,
Miguel
#7456 by Arthur Emmanuel
Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:54 pm
Very good Tony. All the power to 3D. That such polyslabs that they could support bevel or smooth in its faces?