What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#7810 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:09 pm
Hello,

Is there a technical possibility to create a 'bypass' feature for an Undo step, when holding down the 'Shift' (or other) key, while pressing 'Ctrl+Z' ?
In some situations you may need to force an undesirable command to get another good.

Example: You have two solid fills, ovelapped, but for any reason you can't locate or is too hard to select that one (smaller) that is below the other, being both on a same layer, same color, etc.

Imagine that you would be required to move the 'superior', to select and move the other one, and would like to return the bigger to its original place. In this case the sequential Undo would 'undo' the second movement first, for after undoing the first one.

My suggestion is to temporarily dismiss the second movement to rescue only the first, bypassing this way the last Undo in its usual reverse order.

Thanks,
Miguel
#7828 by Steve Scott
Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:50 pm
My first guess would be only if each operation had no entities
in common.
#7936 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:14 pm
Yes Steve, you're right.

After putting the wish item I realized that could have an unconsistency among two sequential steps.

BTW, if under some criterion this could be resolved, let's go for it.

Thanks,
Miguel