What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#8000 by boofredlay
Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:15 pm
I would like to be able to export a selection set only to DWG.

Typically when I am exporting for SketchUP I have to either export on layers, then in SU delete all unwanted. Or to copy paste in a selection set to a new drawing and export from there. It would be nice to bypass both and just export a selection set. :shock:
#8005 by Steve Scott
Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:25 pm
One possibility would be to cut/paste your selection set into a blank file
and export from there. Oops, upon re-reading your post more carefully,
I see that you don't want to do that. Yes, quite frequently my exports
contain some useless information on some layers and I either erase
them in the resulting dwg file, or just let them go knowing that the
consultant won't mind.
#8023 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:36 am
Hello Eric,

My wish goes also in the inverse direction, for opening a DWG file. I'd like to hear something about the possibility to add a "default_drawing" line in the transfer.ini file for DWG importation.
As it is now, it brings all layers created originaly in AutoCAD, and adds all our default file DataCAD layers (if we have sat a default file, obviously).

[DEFAULTS]
DEFAULT_DRAWING_NAME=EMPTY.AEC

In all previous DC releases, for opening a DWG file we have used to start a "New" file with typical settings (scale unit, free zoom, etc.) including just layer_1, i.e. an 'Empty' file.

Now, since V.11, when we "Open" a DWG file we do actually an on-the-fly importation, without the ability to choose what default settings would handle this importation.
On a round trip DWG-AEC-DWG it accumulates a lot of unnecessary 'garbage'.

Thanks,
Miguel