What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#8108 by MtnArch
Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:50 pm
Curt -

Don't quote me on this, but I **think** that this was something that was discussed for V12. We'll have to wait for 2006 to roll around for the Beta team to try out V12 and get the "bugs" worked out of it!! :wink:
#8144 by Steve Scott
Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:10 pm
This would be most welcome to help in the batch plot arena.
#8231 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:50 pm
Hello Curt,

One idea for the wish-list, inside this track, is the radical improvement of the Layer Manager, which could allow the creation of 'Familiy of Layers'.

Those families could be handled by GTV's and other features and would allow the maintenance of Off/On toggles, cascade sort, multi-level dependency, etc.
The CAD drawing standards will require some kind of smarter management, unless someone wouldn't care to be flooded by thousands of layers as are today the standards signing up.

Thanks,
Miguel
#8247 by curtschultz
Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:52 pm
Miguel's idea would work for me. I use GTVs as the basis for my project's sheets. It has saved so much time and allowed me to "peek" at other lyrs and change several sheets at a time without switching dwgs or exporting & importing lyrs, however in order to print my drwgs the way I need them to look I must use X-Refs (which I have not been able to get to work like I need) or copy my single file into multiple files (one for ea sheet in my set of plans), each with a separate pen table.

I don't use a plotter anymore, my printer prints the entire set of plans in order and my batch plotting must be set up very carefully to do this. Should the job have corrections/change I have to go back to the working file, use the GTV's and save each GTV as a separate file (dwg) again. An improved layer manager that is GTV sensititive as well as pen table controlled would save me many hours of work and mistakes every day.