What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#8283 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:27 am
My opinion, also, is that if this sort of thing is added to the program, it needs to be something that can be toggled off. It would just be a distraction to me.

Again, just my opinion.
#8285 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:33 am
Tony Blasio wrote:...selections can't be more automated. If you click on an entity you want entity, if you click in open space you are going to do an area selection (clicking F1 after your area box starts dragging still gives you crossing). If you Ctrl+click on an entity you want group. If you Ctrl+click in open space you want a fence area.

These are good ideas for this subject. I like them pretty much.

Thanks,
Miguel
#8286 by Arthur Emmanuel
Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:36 am
Tony Blasio wrote:I don't see why DataCAD's selections can't be more automated. If you click on an entity you want entity, if you click in open space you are going to do an area selection (clicking F1 after your area box starts dragging still gives you crossing). If you Ctrl+click on an entity you want group. If you Ctrl+click in open space you want a fence area.

When you use only one software, to use shortcut keyboard keys well you are amused, but it assumes that the professional uses 5 softwares, would be well difficult, it besides dominating its problem professional, has that to turn 5 ambulant dictionaries. I consider that the tracer, the engineer, and mainly the architect has a strong visual reasoning and the icons are alive tracks for its work.
Last edited by Arthur Emmanuel on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#8289 by Arthur Emmanuel
Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:44 am
And more a reason to use the cursor assuming visual selection is that the precision points are invisible in DataCAD.
#8375 by Arthur Emmanuel
Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:46 pm
I do not go to arrest my breath, as much says the users of the forum, but go to create icons and to past symbols above of the keys F1, F2, F3 and F4 of my keyboard. It is a solution to see and to wait.