What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#8192 by Heinrich
Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:51 am
I have an older version of ACAD at home and I was just fooling around with it, trying to stay somewhat fresh with it, when I remembered a command that, I think DataCAD could benefit from. Their ‘scale’ command is essentially the equivalent of DataCAD’s ‘enlarge’ command, with an added bonus however, you can scale dynamically. In other words, you select the entity/entities you wish to enlarge (or reduce) then you select a point you wish to enlarge from. You then would move your mouse left/right or up/down to dynamically enlarge/reduce it.

This really isn’t a super needed option, but sometimes I need to just enlarge a detail w/o worry of scale and it would be much quicker to simply ‘drag’ it to the size I need.

If there is a macro that I have missed that does this, please, pardon my dust and let me know.
Thanks.

-Redd
#8194 by Paul Nida
Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:18 am
I think dynamic enlarge has been on the wishlist for some time. And it definitely gets my vote.
#8204 by curtschultz
Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:21 am
Yes, it would be especailly nice for text, cover sheets, presentation stuff... good idea.
#8214 by Graeme
Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:06 pm
I will definitely give my vote on this one. I have been wondering when we would get this. Anyone know if this is in the plans for Datacad 12? :?:
#8215 by Tony Blasio
Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:07 pm
You get my vote too. Also toss in Dynamic Stretch. I could really use that! :!:
#8220 by Graeme
Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:08 pm
Now that would be a really handy tool ..... :D :D :D
#8223 by Heinrich
Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:12 pm
Tony Blasio wrote:Also toss in Dynamic Stretch. We could really use that! :!:
#8226 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:31 pm
Me too. For both improvements.