What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#8428 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:37 pm
Hello Curt,

I am afraid not to understand your suggestion, but If I did, you already can do it today.
It depends only on your creativity and 'some' manual effort.

You can use one of the supplied files on '\Support files\toolbars' any with the suffix .dtb to create your own toolbar files.

.DTB is a text file that can be attached to any menu later
Go to the 'View/Toolbars/Context' and make the choices.

Hope this helps,
Miguel
Last edited by Miguel Palaoro on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#8479 by curtschultz
Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:14 pm
Miguel, I have set my toolbars with the Context box as active. Now when the Doors Icon is selected the Context box opens to select swings, angles, etc. I would like to be able to have the Context box open with the Move, Copy, etc. for those menus too.

I appreaciate your suggestions with the .dtb files or to learn X-Refs and such, however we are architects and I want to utilize our learning efforts on architectural and construction issues while using a easy to use CAD program.
#8483 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:47 pm
curtschultz wrote:...I would like to be able to have the Context box open with the Move, Copy, etc. for those menus too.

Indeed we have not yet available an engine to create new toolbars using a drag and drop feature. Not yet, remark. This is one of the wish items that will make high success among this forummers when announced.
...however we are architects and I want to utilize our learning efforts on architectural and construction issues while using a easy to use CAD program.

Nothing to add. I am sure Mark & Dave think this same way.

Thanks,
Miguel