What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#648 by REX PEET
Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:08 pm
The Layer Manager should default to saving a new layer order, especially if selected layers are turned on and then sorted to the top
#653 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:30 pm
Hello & welcome:

Be careful what you wish for! I'm not sure I want the layer order to be changed each and every time I sort the layers -- because I can always sort them each time I use the LM, if I want to. The only time it "defaults" to saving the new order, is when you add layers and/or change their order by dragging, etc., and this is when I would want the order change to be saved.

If you sort the layers, and you do want the new order saved, you can just check that box, right? Would you want to have to uncheck it if you didn't want the order change saved?
#654 by REX PEET
Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:07 am
Thanks for the welcome. I think a default to saving a revised layer order, combined with the use of Go To View would be best - well for me at least