What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#9175 by boofredlay
Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:57 am
I wish that when I go to open a file in DataCAD that the last file I opened (since I have had the program open) would be highlighted.
Sometimes when I have a folder with many DataCAD files and I am working in many of them at a time it is hard to remember which was the last opened.

Small but helpful.
#9177 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:06 am
Greetings,

Do you use the Recent File, and the Recent Folder lists? If so, you can add these lines to your DcadWin.INI file to get them each to show up to 10 items (up from the default 4):

Code: Select all[Recent File List]
Max=10

[Recent Folder List]
Max=10

Add the Max=10 to these existing sections -- do not add a duplicate section.
#9178 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:23 am
Just add to Neil's post, the last used file is at the top of the recent file list followed by other recently used files in chronological order.

HTH
#9180 by boofredlay
Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:36 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Greetings,

Do you use the Recent File, and the Recent Folder lists?

No, I just use open. I like to see all the files in the folder.
On occasion I use the Recent file.
I would like it to either highlight the last file in that folder or have it already selected... this is what AutoCAD does and it is very helpful.

I hope that was more clear. :?:
#9195 by devinder
Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:51 pm
The filename field of any Open or Save Dialog box is also a DropDown field. Simply use the drop down to select from a list of last opened files. You can even select a file from a different location. The windows dialogs updates this list based on the file-type extension. This works great when working with bitmaps/o2c/dc5/sm3.
This is a standard Windows Dialog operation.