What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#9233 by deliriousga
Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:12 pm
I would love to see a function that will allow you to take one line (yellow for ref) that crosses over several other lines (blue for ref) and slice everything at once. What I'm talking about is using the yellow line as a reference and cutting all of the blue lines that cross over the yellow line in half. Unlike the 1 line trim which shortens all of the lines, it would break each of the blue lines into two blue lines for further editing. Currently, I have to use the partial erase command and snap twice to do it. When drawing elevations, this would really cut down the amount of time in it takes to cut things out behind railing, columns, etc. :D
#9282 by REX PEET
Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:04 pm
Good Morning John,

The more work you can model in 3D, the easier creating elevations and sections becomes.

If the project is modelled in 3D, railings, stairs, windows etc - use the Elevations macro, to create the elevations and perform hidden line removals while you are having a coffee

3D modelling is a little tedious to start with but quite easy after a little practice, and elevations are a breeze.
#9330 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:57 pm
Hello John and Rex,

You can explore a bit more the '3D Knife' feature from inside the [Section] menu. It appears only after you've defined the section line or polyline. Works better then the '3D Knife' from the [Polygon] menu.

Including you can expect for other enhancements for V.12, that will allow the management for edition in different 3D coordinate systems, other then flat to the screen.

And some more. One improvement in the Clip-Cube feature (not promised already, AFAIK), would allow it to be handled and repositioned around the 3D model retaining all clipping settings.

So, good news are just ahead.

Thanks,
Miguel