What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#712 by pmerkl
Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:30 pm
I wish that there was a premade door and window types in 3d so as we are building a 3d model we could insert a window type / size or door type/ size for our 3d model. I know that you can have multi style lines on walls for floor plans but it would be great having wall types for 3d that could have different veneers etc for easy rendering. I would be interested in finding out if there are door / window types or wall types available from other architects or see this on future versions. p.s. one time we did have 3d anderson windows - what happened to that.
#725 by Mark Bell
Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:21 am
Have you tried using the macro AEC_Modl which allows you to insert new or presaved 3D doors, wndows or openings in 3D entities (Verticial slabs/walls or even 2D lines with a different z-base and z-height which have been converted (exploded) to faces/polygons. I used this method for years before using DataCAD Plus and ZAC. The AEC_Modl also allows you to create louvered windows by editing the parametric values in the tables.