What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#9477 by Sinha
Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 pm
We never use the Lines that comes with Datacad but only a few, about 8 of them. For Instance "Wiggle" linetype is at the end....so we would have to scroll.
So I came up with the Idea of Deleting the Linetypes that Our office doesn't use. But some also suggested that what if we start a new drawing and want to use a totally another linetype.
There are lots of walk arounds....But the most convenient would be "Line Manager" with an option to load Linetypes Externally from our library of user defined line types.
#9487 by Sinha
Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:46 pm
Neil, Where is it?? I am using D11.
#9488 by Greg Blandin
Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:59 pm
Tools -> Program Preferences

Misc Tab

Lower right hand corner there are 2 check boxes. One for linetypes and one for hatches.
#9489 by Sinha
Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:21 pm
Thanks Neil/Greg,
Pretty much what I was lookin for.
#9490 by Ted B
Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:13 pm
Is that what that's for? I always thought it was for "external" to Datacad lines and hatches.

It would really help if one of these days Datacad could have a manual that actually applies to the most currebt version that was indexible. It always seems like the manuals lag way behind the capabilities. And they tend to say "what" to do, but not explain the underlying "why".
#9493 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:02 pm
Ted B wrote:It would really help if one of these days Datacad could have a manual that actually applies to the most currebt version that was indexible. It always seems like the manuals lag way behind the capabilities. And they tend to say "what" to do, but not explain the underlying "why".
Amen brother :!: