What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#9564 by kapone085
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:00 am
I know this may sound crazywackfunky, but it's just the way we do it. (it may be wrong so, let me know.)

In the door swing command...I enter the size of the door as you typically
would. ("Jamb in" is not on)

In the windows command however, I draw the windows as you typically would, but with "Jamb In" turned on.

Then say, the client adds a door.

I forget "Jamb in" is on and now the new door(s) is/are smaller than the others.

is there a setting in ini that I can change?
#9566 by Steve Baldwin
Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:27 am
I also wish the jamb settings for doors and windows were separate.

I draw doors with the "DrawJamb" turned off, and windows with the "DrawJamb" turned on, and "Jamb In" on. I used to draw both with the "DrawJamb" turned off, but then when I would build windows with multiple equal sections and project from that to develope the window elevations, I would have to re-space the multiple sections, assuming that the overall length was what I wanted in the first place.

I have considered using "DrawJamb" on both, but (like described in the post above) find that whether "Jamb In" is on or off is not immediately apparent. At least in my method of using jambs for windows and not for doors, you can immediately see if you have the setting backwards.
#9569 by Heinrich
Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:20 am
Steve Baldwin wrote:I also wish the jamb settings for doors and windows were separate.
#9570 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:30 pm
Greetings,

There is a way to get this to work the way you want it to. I have some toolbar icons that use the new "jamb on/off" codes:

Code: Select all[ARCHWIN1]
Hint=Architect Windows menu
Icon=ARCHWIN1
A=^·^È^a^S8^ç

[ARCHDR1]
Hint=Single Door Swing
Icon=ARCHDR1
A=^·^È^a^s7^è^s3^f1^s4^90^$^¸^É

These extended Alt- codes are listed somewhere on the DataCAD website, but I can't find it.
#9575 by Steve Baldwin
Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:38 pm
Excellent! Thanks Neil!

I keep forgetting about the many new toolbar codes.
#9577 by kapone085
Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:44 pm
I entered the settings you had available. I see the tool bar, but which is which? there are no indications of ehich is door & which is winder.
#9579 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:00 pm
That's because you need to make the icons

ARCHWIN1

and

ARCHDR1

Take an existing icon and save as and make it what you want it to look like.

I did mine in Paint.
#9580 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:01 pm
Else the buttons are just in order that you put them in the toolbar file.
#9581 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:02 pm
Hi Jason,

You'll have to provide an icon BMP file for them to be shown correctly. Or you could use mine:

Just right-click/Save Image on these (if you are using FireFox?). For some reason, Image Shack converted these to PNG -- I think they need to be BMP in order to work; and they have to be the same name as the [bracketed] name in the code.