What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#9778 by Arthur Emmanuel
Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:31 pm
Dynamic legends - I all type P of Pillar in a field and the moment that I touch in the screen, it mark P1, P2, P3 without needing to write the numbers. To even mark the steps of stairs, this resource would be interesting.
#9828 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:13 am
Hello Arthur,

May be we are not so far from this. If you imagine the possibilities to develop new features for the "database-linked" symbols we could be closer of a dynamic link.
So, instead of typing the "P" letter you should insert that "P" symbol with a database linked field.

There are informations for the new Release 12 that will allow to tie dynamic data from an Excel table into an .AEC drawing file. It is supposed now as an X-Ref file. This can be the first step.

Why can't we head for a second, and a third ...

Thanks,
Miguel
#9838 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:33 am
There is a macro that does this now, but I can't remember which one. Can some one point it out? Like Miguel says, future symbol attributes is going to be the best bet for just dropping in and having the count change as you go.
#9844 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:31 pm
Annotate was the one I was thinking of.
#9897 by Jon C. Hubart
Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:18 pm
The upside of using the annotate macro is if you are adventurous you can edit the code, which is available on the DDN site, and adjust the notes to fit your own office standards for text font, size, etc.