What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#9945 by Sinha
Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:30 pm
Please D12, No more Hitting "ESC" for screen refresh. I hit probably about 2574.10 Times a Day.
#9946 by Greg Blandin
Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:46 pm
So you want an automatic screen refresh?

This does not make sense.

What exactly are you getting at?
#9948 by Sinha
Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:22 pm
Ok, Say for Eg.
When you erase Entities and Block of Shades, D11 Leaves leaves behind a black patch...It goes away when you hit the "ESC" button. This is called screen refresh.
Now what I am getting to is...let the CAD do it for us...Instead of us hitting the "ESC" everytime.
#9950 by MtnArch
Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:52 pm
So, just to sum up - you'd like the screen refresh to be automatic once you've finished selecting the items to erase and told DC "do it". Is this right?

I think that this is a great wish! Good one, Sinha!

(Of course we wouldn't need it if the client and/or local jurisdiction wouldn't keep changing their mind/rules!!) :lol:
#9951 by Sinha
Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:16 pm
I change my mind....I take back my wish...
#9953 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:48 pm
V.12 is supposed to have a re-worked display engine or something major updated. Maybe it will be able to handle this. Back in the old days when the refresh was slow and the display list was real handy it made since. Now with super duper processors, it's quick. But with the display possibly getting a major overhaul, we'll see how things work out. If it's the same situation, then I'd vote with you. I hit esc soooooo much. Some people don't even notice the little black/white outs. Some people like pickled pigs feet, to each there own.
#10133 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Hello Guys,

I am not so sure that the Refresh should be this automatic. I can remember a simple situation where you have overlapped wall lines, or broken lines. The un-automatic refresh allow you to 'see' the line break.
This wouldn't be possible if it would be automaticaly refreshed. And it happens a lot with new-users.

And also, don't need to remind that any change on view, lateral or zooming, does make an [automatic] refresh without an 'Esc' hit.

I'd suggest a 'toggle' for controlling it to work this way.

Thanks,
Miguel
#10135 by Paul Nida
Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:06 pm
Miguel, I agree with you on this one, I like to see what was erased. Also, I often use my mouse wheel to refresh my screen by simply turning it back and forth. Also, I don't use the control key to zoom in or out with the mouse wheel.
#10142 by Steve Scott
Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:22 pm
MtnArch wrote:(Of course we wouldn't need it if the client and/or local jurisdiction wouldn't keep changing their mind/rules!!) :lol:

Be careful what you wish for! If they never changed their minds/rules
they might not need us. ;)