What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#754 by shez24
Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:25 am
I would like for Datacad to stop grouping the entities when you copy an area of entities! Its very annoying as i do detail drawings and sometimes have to copy an amount of entities but it groups it all and when i ungroup it, it ungroups the objects that were grouped within the group as well, if that makes any sense.
Another annoying thing is i wish i would not have to keep selecting my font as it bounces back to default all the time. As well as in dimensions.
One more is that i have to keep selecting the pen table as it always jumps back to default.
There is many more but i will post them as i think of them.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
#758 by Tony Blasio
Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:29 am
I understand and agree about the grouping issue.

As for the font and dimension issues and am confused. Are the fonts changing in a specific drawing or just when you start new drawings?

I have not experienced DataCAD changing fonts during a drawing so I am baffled if this is happening to you.

If it is when you start a new drawing and you have to set the fonts used for text and dimensions then this can be overcome by setting these fonts in your default drawing. They will then be loadedfor you everytime you begin in a new drawing file.
#760 by Jon C. Hubart
Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:32 am
The grouping issue can be overcome by using the cut and paste options. It takes a little more work but will preserve the original groupings.

As for the fonts, what method do you use to input you text? Are you selecting the text function from the menu or are you using some form of shortcut (quick key, toolbar, etc.)? If you are using a shortcut it may be programed to set the font to a given default. Using the side menu should not be causing this behavior. The same is true for dimensions. If you are using a shortcut, it may be programmed to set certain settings to a predefined "default" value.
Last edited by Jon C. Hubart on Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#761 by shez24
Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:37 am
I used to use Bradley, then upgraded to Datacad 11 and changed it to ARCWY2LC but it now and then jumps back to it or ARCWY2HC. Its strange because i change it in my default but that still doesnt seem to help.
I asked our Datacad supplier about the grouping and he said when he asked Datacad about that they replied that Datacad is just like that. It can't be changed. Even stranger.
#764 by Tony Blasio
Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:51 am
Another option on the grouping issue is to use the DCSprint Macro. It has a function called MCOPY which works just like copy except that all the original groupings is maintained.

If you have this macro (available from DataCAD LLC) you could write a keyboard macro or toolbar icon so you could use it quickly and easily as a replacement for copy.
#770 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:47 pm
It would be nice if there was a sticky button we could toggle AndGroup on/off. I never needed to have the entities grouped when moved. If something needs to be grouped, I usually do it at a later time when grouping multiple groups. Got my vote.