What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#796 by lmlowery
Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:59 am
It would be nice if you could change the door swing, angle or type of door without removing the door and putting one back in. This would be handy when you forget you have door style set to "overhead" and you put in a 3' wide OHGD as the main entry door! (woops!)
#798 by Tony Blasio
Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:55 am
"Smart" doors would be a big improvement.

I recently created door symbols for the common doors I use on plans. I have saved them as both right & left hand and put this information into the dsf file so I can run reports.

This allows me to swap the doors by using symbol replace. Not a solution for your wishlist but it is an alternative.
#861 by David Porter
Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:32 pm
I would like to have a toggle that could be set to on or off with doors that would bring the doors settings back to a pre-set standard after every door is inserted. I would like to set my default door standard to single-swing, cut-in wall, 90-degree swing. After I might manually change those settings for a new door with say, double-swing, 45-degree opening, I would like the door's setting to automatically revert back to my default settings. There are way too many times that I have forgotten to to change my doors settings back to single-swing or 90-degree opening and then insert a double door where I wanted a single door. The on-off toggle for doors settings would fix that personal memory problem.
#863 by Chris Kryzanek
Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:50 pm
Ditto. Insert a door, and opps it's the wrong angle. Undo, and do it again. I guess with the undo command it's not too bad, but it would be nice to be able to change the opening angle or type after the fact.
#872 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:50 pm
I have a drop down toolbar I created that sets the color, angle and door type. So when I need to insert a door or window, I just pick the specific type of door or window and everything is ready to go just how I like it.

Heres some examples:
Code: Select all[NH-D1]
Hint=Single Doors
Icon=NH-D1
A=^·^È^a^s7^s3^f1^s4^45^$^¸^É

[NH-D2]
Hint=Double Doors
Icon=NH-D2
A=^·^È^a^s7^s3^f2^s4^90^$^¸^É

p.s. - Just noticed this code is a early version, but it will get you started.Image
#900 by David Porter
Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:34 pm
Josh,

I like the toolbar icon idea and want to create my own.
1. Did the icon's you show come from DCAD or did you make them up?
2. What does the 'E' do in your icon string?
#907 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:47 pm
1. I made those icons, you can download them from my website. I hope to have some other toolbar parts up there soon that users can pick apart for their own use.
2. the È, if I remember right turns off the display of the cords & hints & information bar while the macro is running or something to that extent.