What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#825 by paul brown
Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:40 pm
before launching into new parametric features, how about refining the existing, 1. allow xclips by fence, not just area. 2 allow to edit xrefs from within the reference file (ghost editing I think it is called in Autocad). 3 recognise xrefs automatically when opening dwg files. 4 allow intelligent/batch/automatic repathing of xrefs when moving files. 5 DWF export from MSP.

One new feature that would be enormously valuable would be the ability to xref into C4D, it's an excellent render package that I know Ernest Burden uses, it already has add ons to allow archicad, vectorworks and allplan xref. This would provide a link to a programme that compares to 3dsMax in terms of 3d graphic performance. This would simply obviate any criticism of Datacad for failing to provide highend presentation tools.
#960 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:38 am
paul brown wrote:1. allow xclips by fence, not just area.

My enthusiastic vote.

5 DWF export from MSP.

My vote for this too.