What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#11316 by Steve Baldwin
Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 am
Hi all.

I think that we've talked about this before, but since it came up again here at the office, I thought I would mention it again...

Something that needs to be added to the Identify display for TTF's is info about whether Fill and/or Outline is being used, and maybe even info about whether the text color being used is Entity Color or not.

Since it sounds like the text tools have really been improved, hopefully this has already been dealt with.
#11543 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon May 15, 2006 6:42 am
Hello Steve,

My wish would be deeper in the TTF subject. If some improvement on the fonts building is being made, it would be nice to study another 'filling' way for the TrueType fonts.

My guess is that today TTF are actually filled by 'Hatching' inside the outline. That could explain the big increase of the file sizes when TTF is used, in counterpart to the same file with vectorial (.CHR) fonts.

Would be possible to use some kind of 'color' fill to the font itself instead of the hatch ?

I feel need to ask for a smaller file size when using TTF since in the near future we will be required to handle bigger amounts of TTF exchanged from MS.Excel and other applications.

Thanks,
Miguel