What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#11548 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon May 15, 2006 9:42 am
Hello,

A new wish item is to have the possibility to make "text replacement" from the drawing.

I explain the source reason:
When AutoCAD places special signs , like a '°' (degree) or a 'Ø' in its drawing, it makes with an exotic "%%..." string, unique from AutoCAD.
Some structural softwares are capable to understand it, and can make the conversion using the correct ASCII character.
Some do not. And some older AutoCAD versions as well can't manage it, except by using the '%%...' string.

So, my wish is to have the possibility, in DataCAD 12, to replace text strings with an automatized routine. The text manager would be able to do this.

Of course it should be possible with .TTF and .CHR (and SHX) fonts!

Thanks,
Miguel
#11604 by Jon C. Hubart
Wed May 17, 2006 2:29 pm
If you are looking for a routine to replace those strings with a given bit of text in each occurence, you can do this with the SubText macro available from the download section of the DataCAD site.

It will replace a given string (%%) for a second given string (Ø). It will also change capitalizations to all upper or all lower.
#11607 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed May 17, 2006 3:04 pm
Thank You Jon,

Great tip. I've downloaded the macro and it works fine.

Even so, my wish is to be put in the list for the future improvement on text management.

Thanks,
Miguel
#11611 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed May 17, 2006 3:50 pm
Thanks Neil.

The macro SubText works fine with both .CHR or .TTF fonts for text replacements.
I keep the wish to have the feature integrated on our Text menu as well.

[Edit: Actually the handling of special accented characters for Lower/Upper Case on this macro don't follow the standard, because our char set of ASCII characters is still not standardized.
The CAPSLOCK feature do not behave as expected in DataCAD 11 for those who use codepages other then the US 437. Especially after ASCII 127. I keep the hope for an improvement in this area for users overseas, like me and a little bunch of guys.]

Regards,
Miguel