What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#11927 by deliriousga
Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:48 am
It would be nice to have a "Batch Export" function that would let you select the properties (i.e. all or on layers, export references, etc.) and then select a bunch of files and let them fly. Since so many engineers use that other CAD software, we have to export a bunch of drawings and it's very time consuming to have to open each one and export them.
#11957 by Paul Nida
Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:32 pm
I will second this. And I would like to add the ability to have GTV's and MSP sheets exported like we can in the Batch Plot menu.
#11964 by Dick Eades
Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:41 pm
It's not a batch file, but I assigned CTRL+D to a spot in the menu file that eliminates a few steps.

Export
DWG
All Layers
On Layers|ctrl+D|

When I select CTRL+D all I have to do is hit ENTER and sometimes answer Y to overwrite an existing file.

Like I said, it's not a batch file, but if you have all your settings made it speeds up the process considerably.
#11968 by Paul Nida
Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:57 pm
Hello Dick,
I have something similar set up as well, but I still have to open each file to export it. But it sure would be nice to be able to export 5 or 10 drawing files at once without having to open each file and export it individually.