What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#12215 by Sinha
Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:30 pm
Working with leader arrows right now is plain stupid. That leader and its arrow should be one entity, where regardles of rotate, stretch or move, the arrow should remain oriented with it's leader.
I get sick of doing extra commands just to keep that stinkin' arrow aligned with its leader, when we stretch or etc.
#12219 by Paul Nida
Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:29 pm
I remember that back before version 11 came out they were talking about smart objects being included. One of the things I remember being mentioned was a smart arrow. It new it was an arrow and would correctly oriented itself when it was stretched etc. Now I never saw this, but if I remember correctly, it was demonstrated at a DBUG meeting. I don't know if this is one of the smart entities that are supposed to be included in version 12 or not, but I hope so.
#12220 by Sinha
Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:58 pm
I plan to download a D12 demo first to see whats new or is it worth buying it. If I don't see any major enhancements, I don't think theres any point in buying.
#12223 by MtnArch
Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:59 pm
Sinha -

Based on what has been printed in previous posts, I don't think any of us will be too disappointed with the upgrade, though for some it either might not be enough or won't be cheap enough. Only time will tell.
#12224 by Paul Nida
Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:02 pm
Whether or not you upgrade is up to you of course, but if you want improvement in the program and you don't upgrade, then don't complain about not having the improvements. That is what upgrades are for after all. I would also like to remind you that users paying for upgrades is what helps make furture improvements in the program possible. So I would encourage everyone who wants to see future improvements to the program to upgrade when version 12 is available.