What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#12414 by Sinha
Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:46 am
Our Office staff refuses to Use MSP because they are not able to Move around. They want to be able to move around in the MSP, then select that certain detail (Double-Click) to edit or something alike. They accidently right-click and find themselves a messed up sheet. Please, not everyone is very good in computers. All they want is to be able to draw with minimum effort.
Moving in and out of MSP should be an easy flow, zoom and pan around, taking an additional step and goin into print Preview is a pain. I know it can be done. But I am sharing this input on behalf of our staff.

Please D12 guys, It is a request!!! to do something on this.
#12417 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:09 pm
Hello,

A suggested work around: MultiLayout/Details/Make Current will open each detail as a GTV. Edit it, and it appears on the sheet.

Sounds like you are working with some recalcitrant ACAD users? :P
#12422 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:13 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:...suggested work around: MultiLayout/Details/Make Current will open each detail as a GTV. Edit it, and it appears on the sheet.

The problem with this 'workaround' is that when you arrive to that GTV, via a Multi-layout/Detail/Current, it don't uses the best thing that was introduced on the DC XI GTV that is the ability to reset the plotting scale.
The only way to get advantage of this is entering on each GTV by using the keyboard short-cut (Shift+#) or the menu itself (key 'v').

I think Sinha is right on asking this improvement. The ability to move around each detail would bring additional utility to the Multi-layout feature, especially when you are dealing with large dimension designs.

Thanks,
Miguel
#12424 by Sinha
Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:37 pm
Thanks Miguel!!, you feel my pain man!!
#12427 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:12 pm
Sinha wrote:Thanks Miguel!!, you feel my pain man!!

Is it on your head, Sinha ?
I'd prescript a headache medicament: change your avatar!
No joke! You're right with the improvement. Dave can handle this. I 'm sure he can! I bet he can!

Thanks,
Miguel