What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#12443 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 am
Hello,

Is there any chance to set independently the number of 'significative digits' to the report after an 'Identify' feature apply ?
My scale Unit is the 'Meter' while the size for a note text string or a dimension text style measures 3 millimeters (=0.003m).

The report information for 'Identify' is tied with the "decimal places" definition inside [Settings/Scale Type].
If I set 'SigDigits' to 2 in Settings/ScaleType, after asking for an 'Identify' feature on a text string, the message line brings to me a report of the entity identified and the information for 'Text Size' is truncated in 2 digits, as you can see in the image below:

I should set 'Do Float' there, to get the full information, that in my case need to show in three Sig. Digits. Well the 'Floating' number of significative digits is not a choice.

Setting floating the number of sigdigits don't fit our documental Standard requirements, and even is scary to get this same feature, when you open a DC-10 drawing, with the single-precision stuff.
Just for illustration, see this image:

So, the best could be to specify any required number to present the text size and dimension-text size, preventing misunderstanding, and confusion as well.

Thanks,
Miguel