What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#12732 by Jeff Budkoski
Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:58 pm
Did DataCad have a routine where you could create a macro by creating a macro file name and then do a sequence of commands from the keyboard/menus and then close and save that sequence of events into your macro file?

TIA,

Jeff
#12734 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:08 am
I know you can create a toolbar button, alias or keyboard shortcut using a sequence of commands like you mentioned, but I've never heard of saving it as an actual macro, but I could see that as a great idea. That way you could create some really complex strings that you may not use all the time, and just have them waiting in your toolbox ready to use. Saving toolbar space / keyboard shortcuts for things you use everyday. It sounds so logical I'm sure your right and it is possible, If not it should be :wink:
#12735 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:24 am
Hello Jeff,

This would be a "macro recorder", and no we do not have this tool. You can do it manually, by going through the steps and writing down the keystrokes (or typing them into NotePad), and then use that you edit the toolbar or MCR file.

It would be a cool item to have, though!
#12743 by Steve Scott
Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:20 pm
This isn't quite what you asked for, but:

A Gateway programmable keyboard does this, but they don't make them
anymore. You might find one on eBay. There are other external things
you can attach to your keyboard that are programmable. Very handy as
you can go many commands deep into macros at the touch of a button.
#37476 by curtschultz
Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:09 pm
My first cad program (Pointline 1987) had a function called a marco where it would record every step until told to stop. It was great for altering text with the same changes, altering line types, color and spacing that I would need to do throughout a file. I miss it still.