What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#13046 by MtnArch
Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:36 pm
It would be nice if we could get a clean-up function that would work on obtuse and acute wall corners. Right now the "L" clean-up function doesn't recognize them unless they are at right angles.
#13047 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:43 pm
I have a feeling this will be a thing of the past watching Marks video.
#13049 by MtnArch
Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:16 am
True ... but a guy's still gotta dream!

:wink:
#13051 by Paul Nida
Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:31 am
Alan,
L-intersection cleanup works on both acute and obtuse angled walls on here most of the time. Occasionally it doesn't work and I am not sure why. But I think it might be that one of the lines forming one of the walls gets skewed slightly from editing and so the lines forming the wall are not truly parallel. This is just a guess of course.
#13053 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:42 am
Hello,

I think it doesn't work when the inside/outside of the walls are opposite to each other? Or it may be that one or both are not recognized as walls - though it is easier to use 2-line trim than to use the Line 2 Wall macro and then the L cleanup...
#13056 by Philip Hart
Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:16 am
I don't think that the angle is the issue. I think that it has to do with recognizing the lines as walls. Let's say that one "wall" was created by drawing two lines and the other wall was created by drawing with "wallls" on, then the attributes of the four lines will be different and DataCAD may not recognize this as a "legal" trim.
#13061 by MtnArch
Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:06 am
Hmm ... this is strange. I just tried the 'L' Intersect clean-up on my work computer and it worked fine on obtuse and acute angles - and it didn't matter about inside/outside faces, or if the walls were drawn as walls or if they were just lines that had been offset. But at home, it doesn't work.

Sounds like it's time to wipe it off the drive at home and re-install!