What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#13536 by deliriousga
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:46 pm
Since I'm getting into 3D now, it would be wonderful to have "real" 3D hatching. I am using Touchup to put a 3D hatch on drawings, but it's not associated so it ends up a bunch of separate pieces. This requires delete and re-hatch when you change something.

A true 3D hatch would automatically change with the item it's attached to. This way when you cut a hole in your wall, the hatch disappears in the right places.

I don't know if it's possible, but it sure would be nice. :D
#13549 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:56 pm
deliriousga wrote:...A true 3D hatch would automatically change with the item it's attached to. This way when you cut a hole in your wall, the hatch disappears in the right places. I don't know if it's possible, but it sure would be nice. :D

Good challenge John,

Let's theorize a little. The capability to be associative happens because it is transformed into polylines.
May be with the new "3D Edit Planes" concept, each surface could be "understood" by the hatch itself as an orthographic plan, so it could be transformed into polylines as it is.

Why not ? (good thing to scramble heads of our fellow of bits&bytes.)

Thanks,
Miguel