What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#14520 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am
Hello,

There is a feature that could improve our edition handling. When you got two parallel lines, and want to measure the distance among both lines, there is no ability to obtain it if they don't coincide side by side.

The same happens when you need to dimension to document the distance. To accomplish it you are demanded to "discover" which is the line angle to horizontal, to set rotated dimension to an orthogonal angle to that.

Please, put it on the list of improvements.

Thanks,
Miguel
#14521 by Paul Nida
Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:04 am
Miguel,
You can align your cursor with the lines and use the Get Snap feature to measure the distance between the lines. Also you can use the Get Snap feature to match the rotation angle for your dimensions.
#14522 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:41 am
Hi Miguel,

Like Paul says, we can do this now w/o much trouble:

B, click on one of the lines Alt-X (which in my MCR file takes me to Measures/Point-to-point), snap to one line, then Shift-snap to the other and select Get X/Y.

Then B, F3 to get back out again.
#14530 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:33 pm
Thank you Paul and Neil.

Good tips. It can be easily done.

My wish would be, however, to leave the math handling with the "machine". That's why I think we could add this feature among other measurements already available.

BTW, it's not on top of my list.

Thanks,
Miguel