What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#15629 by Dick Eades
Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:56 pm
With all the discussion and videos of the new parametrics, there is one thing that I would like to see added. It's not a wall or a window, it's just a curved arrow with a dot.

I am presently using CurvLedr from Command Performance using the BSpline with the arrow set to a size of .01 and an aspect of .01 with the color set to color 16 on pen 9 which I have assigned to a pen width of 1.25 mm. This works fine except that the dots are practically invisible on-screen in DataCad and sometimes results in stray dots left behind if the arrow is deleted without deleting the dots (2 entities). If this sounds familiar, I have written about it before. Here is an example.

It would seem to be a simple thing to do, make the arrow one complete entity.
#16001 by Arthur Emmanuel
Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:48 pm
DataCAD as BIM from forum DataCAD Brazil

After very analyzing different softwares for architecture, I arrived the conclusion that the BIM beyond counting on intelligent tables, that change the format of objects, a door of 0.90 m of width starts to be of 0.80 m only with the modification of the value for table, still counts on 2D and 3D in real-time, changing the 3D, then the floorplan, cross-section and view would move automatically. In relation to tables, I consider that the DataCAD goes well to be decided with the intelligent walls, using the panel of the properties. The roof would deserve a bigger attention, but the boolean ones could in making to wait giving them to account of the message in the model roof and timbering.

But and real-time between 2D and 3D? It would be enough that the DataCAD had automatic hides without the necessity to hide lines as today that the external references would make the remain. That is, the project entirely in 3D and the views in 2D are hides 3D automatic applied as external reference, everything in real-time with quality profit, reduction of errors, everything connected, a true BIM, the project guided to the object.