What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#20188 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:11 pm
#22129 by The Cad Man
Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:25 pm
It would be nice to get DC 12, does it really take 4 years to come out with a new updated product? Does anyone have a clue when it will be released? I know its all top secret stuff (comprable to CIA database codes!), but it would be nice to know if its going to be another year, then I may have to get DC 11 first. I didn't think it would be 6 years before I got a new program, but its starting to look that way. Any insight on a release date? I would love to know!! Thanks
#22132 by MtnArch
Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:30 pm
The beta team is busy putting V12 through the paces, and (according to the latest Cheap Tricks) it would appear that the original target of a spring release will still happen.

I would upgrade into V11 so that you can enjoy the benefits that it has over V10, and you'll be in line for the V12 upgrade once DC LLC releases it!
#22133 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:36 pm
The target is for this spring. Use the forums search tool and you can find lots on why it's taken this long like cleaning up legal messes with Softtech, making sure things work well , not just work. Also there are some tidbits on what's being designed for release as well as some video footage of v.12. It's really good stuff and if your familiar with programming, what they have done in the 4 years is really awesome as the other v.12 beta testers will tell ya. It's coming along quite well and a great spring board into parametrics.

Patience
#22134 by The Cad Man
Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:52 pm
Thanks for the update. I have done some programming, and I do know it takes time. It will be nice to see the big jump, and will be more exciting than just a few changes like you get with programs updated annualy. And I have looked for info for the release of 12 in the various forums, but it takes a lot a time to read through them all, and I tend to get lost...I look forward to a Spring release!!