What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#20832 by Philip Hart
Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 am
It would be really useful if the text placed in non-associative dimensions was created with the center justify attribute (in XI, it is created as left-justified). This would help when changing the aspect ratio of the text to squeeze it in tight situations in working drawings.
#20833 by Tony Blasio
Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:44 am
You get my vote on this.
#20872 by Heinrich
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:11 am
Tony Blasio wrote:You get my vote on this.
#20876 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:49 am
I'll go one better (in my mind anyway), but I may get slapped upside the head for this suggestion.

Editable associative dimensions.
#20879 by Tony Blasio
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:02 am
Greg Blandin wrote:I'll go one better (in my mind anyway), but I may get slapped upside the head for this suggestion.

Ooooooh........ :shock:
#20885 by Brian Engebretson
Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 am
Greg Blandin wrote:I'll go one better (in my mind anyway), but I may get slapped upside the head for this suggestion.

Very dangerous in the wrong hands. Perhaps if there was a way to add a note to the end of the dimension. For instance “M.O.” or “FINISH” without being able to change the actual dimension.
#20895 by MtnArch
Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:53 am
Brian Engebretson wrote:Very dangerous in the wrong hands. Perhaps if there was a way to add a note to the end of the dimension. For instance “M.O.” or “FINISH” without being able to change the actual dimension.

I agree with Brian on this one! AutoCAD users are notorious for changing the dimension text - and Acad has no way of showing this as a changed value!
#20899 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:08 pm
Brian Engebretson wrote:

Very dangerous in the wrong hands.

Yeah I know, hence my slapped upside the head comment.

I do know it would be nice on some sheet layouts I have that I have multiple scales of drawing entities one one sheet.
#20907 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:49 pm
Greg Blandin wrote:...Editable associative dimensions.

Yes, well said. Very dangerous if in the wrong hands or in the wrong software.

A customer had a financial loss of near 15,000 USD for a structural bridge made in composite materials, with the 'real' measure, while some partial lengths were edited, but all was hidden by Autocad "smartness" of its edited associated dimensions.

If this is required, for some valuable reason, I'd vote for creating a third category of dimensions: Associative, unAssociative, and Edited.

My two cents,
Miguel
#20910 by Michael Olney
Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 pm
If edited associative dimensions were added, it might be nice to have something (maybe " * " or "not to scale" in small text under the dimension or something similar) on the edited dimensions just so that they stand out as being edited
#20915 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:15 pm
Greg Blandin wrote:I do know it would be nice on some sheet layouts I have that I have multiple scales of drawing entities one one sheet.
Shhhh. Don't tell anybody but this is in v.12 and is sweet!
#20921 by Steve Scott
Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:38 pm
Tony:
Your "ooooh" juxtiposed(sp?) with your emoticon and your avatar really
make a statement.

Josh:
Okay, I won't tell anybody. :wink:
#20922 by Tony Blasio
Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:45 pm
Steve Scott wrote:Tony:
Your "ooooh" juxtiposed(sp?) with your emoticon and your avatar really
make a statement.