What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?

Would you attend/bring into your office training sessions for DATACAD?

38%
25%
38%
#21526 by jmkkmbrennan
Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:29 pm
I wish there were training sessions or classes that could be attended to learn even more about the program. The individual training CDs and totorials that are out there don't help an entire company at once. A workshop set up to go over the various 'how-to' steps would be perfect for a small company looking to broaden their Datacad horizon.

The program does have so many more qualities than we typically use day to day. Taking one day of learning them as a whole would be acceptable and easier than handing out project books and having everyone learn what they can when they can.
:?
Why don't one of you smart, Datacad savy guys figure out how to get training to the masses already, would ya?!?! PLEASE!! :D

To be a little more specific:
We use Datacad for design and a construction documentation. We are only able to get as far as using it for 2D drawings. Past that, very elementry drawings are formed in 3D. We need to bring out the best of the program and use it for what it's worth. I alone can't firgure it all out and teach all the other fellas in the office....
#21540 by MtnArch
Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:33 pm
The best thing to do would be to either attend a User's Group meeting near you, or (if there isn't one) start one yourself! You should be able to find someone who works in another office/firm/company that may know what you want to learn!

Be forewarned, though ... there will be a few who will be willing to be presenters and many who won't, but even if you all get together for a quick round table discussion of your favorite shortcuts you'll find lots of new stuff to learn!

Your other option would be to go to the DC LLC website and look up one of the 'Reference Points', who are users willing to get together with you and help train you.

Good luck!
#21581 by jmkkmbrennan
Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 pm
I checked out the reference points list.
Apparently it is out dated by 10 years. I called the gentleman closest to my location. He has not been involved too much in the program for that long.
Crazy!
#21583 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 pm
I'd really encourage them all to use this forum. It's the quickest way for them to ask a question when they are working on the question at hand. Instead of going to some conference hearing about many different things maybe they already know or trying to take notes on a topic that's being described too fast or any of the other downfalls of a single time conference. Using the forums search tool is simple to find info already posted. If they can't find something quickly they can quickly post a question and usually get an several answers and methods in a few mins/hours. It's free, convenient for everyone to use at their own pace and schedule. Did I mention it's free? If they want some hard training materials, a quick search returns plenty of results. They can communicate with all of us "out here" and also with their co-workers on a single or multiple topics. The more you use the forum the more you'll learn. Guaranteed.

Also the DBUG message system is a great tool, which post both to here in the forum and an Archive system. Users can also join the active mailing list. Find out more at the link below.

DBUG info & sign up
DBUG Archive

Good luck and hope to see you and your co-workers around some more :D