What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#22622 by gshomedesign
Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:11 pm
If anyone has used a rendering program then they are aware that polygons have normals and sometimes these normals are not facing the right direction. Most rendering programs have a way to invert normals so that the rendering looks correct. But each program has a different way with dealing with that process. My first hand experience with 3d Studio Max and Lightscape leaves me dissatisfied. Lightscape which is no longer supported actually had a fairly decent normals tool. But, I don't use that program anymore since it is old and now I use 3d Studio. Just like all other Autodesk programs, it is an extremely time intensive task to correct the inverted normals of the polygons. I take all the preemptive measures while in the modeling stage such as modeling in a counter clockwise manner. However, this usually takes care of the issue but sometimes there are some sneaky polygons that do what they want. It would be nice to have a tool inside datacad that would automatically find the inverted normals and correct them. Since 3d is being more widely used these days, it would seem almost ignorant to not implement this correction tool.