What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#1708 by John
Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:51 pm
When I work on a lot of 3D models I go switch from plan view to one of the elevations from the view pull down menu. But when I do that the 2D menus, which don't work in 3D views, stays, and if I forget to change the menu to the 3D menu version, DataCAD jumps back to the plan view. It gets very annoying because I have to then get back into the elevation view. So it would be great if the menus changed for you. An even better idea would be to have all the commands work no matter if you are working in the plan view or any of the elevations.
#1823 by Tony Blasio
Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:33 am
I couldn't agree more. If I had a nickel every time I was in a 3D view and hit M for move only to be bounced back to ortho :evil:

I think the side menu should work like the context toolbar at least as far as 3D and 2D go.

I am now trying to develop the habit of hitting J before any editting in 3D views!
#1825 by Steve Baldwin
Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:54 am
Hi all.

I also think it would be good for the menus to automatically know that **only** 3d commands will work in certain views, therefore switch to them if they are not already there. Still, there are times that I jump back and forth between 2d and 3d commands, even when building a 3d model, for things such as 'link entities", "move/drag", etc. To make jumping back and forth between 2d and 3d menus easier and quicker, I have a couple of icons at the front of all of my custom icon toolbars for "2d" and "3d".
#1834 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:09 am
Ditto Ditto Ditto.