What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#32290 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:17 am
Hello Guys,

Michael Olney's and Mark Toce's Cheap Tricks [http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213] are fine and helpful.
It timely can raise up a subject that is constant for ten-among-ten DataCAD designers who tasted the smart objects from DC 12: the possibility to expand the "Smartness" approach to other areas. Symbols are the first, on top of list. And without any down side.

Here is a sample of a 'pop-art' bench, MoMA future candidate for sure, where I simply customized some parts of a default smart window, widening sill, cutting off head, sashes, and most of trims except at sill, enlarging it enough to simulate a rough chair.
In the image you can see at left my creature and at right a regular window, as it will appear without the wall around:

The same object, when viewed from ortho position allow to simplify the amount of components that will show on the 2D drawing. Also the replacement of 2D view by a 2D symbol, would benefit a lot.

A rendered imagem inside Object Viewer would show perfectly all components.

I miss a Smart Editor for building anything, which would be able to differentiate something viewed from the othographic position, to any other point of view.
Since 2D is a stonemark in every documental drawing, it would be kept isolated for simpler representation, allowing any other view (Iso/Persp/Oblique) with the object in its full form.

Thanks,
Miguel