What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#39309 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:06 pm
Hello,

There is a kind of hatch patterns, which I name (under my discretion, of course) of tilling hatches, whose drafting is specified from a common logic: distance among sequential pieces on the pattern.

On this cathegory are all the tilling patterns, like 4x4, 8x8, 12x12, 24x24, 24x48, 48x24, etc., all the ANSI's, especially 31 & 37, which are among the most used on drafting purposes.
But the main reason I'm rising up this request is because this patterns can play an additional role on the designing job: for paginating works.

Many of our customers uses the tilling hatches for building pagination solution for walls and floors on kitchens, bathrooms, external decks, and many other uses. This handling ability have already increased its utility with the possibility to keep control on pattern Origin and associativity. It's a real great helping tool.

The problem I'm facing here is the need to create additional hatching pattern sizes, matching the new wall and floor tiles which are available in the market on every new day. The international measuring system is Meter-based what brings some surprises when you need to set tiles with sizes like 33x60(cm) what will never be close to a inch-multiple, to match the actual unit of 1/32 of an inch for the distances on tilling hatches today.

Would be any chance to have a calculation utility that would make the calculus, and at follow to create the new pattern files, without the need to handle-edit each single .DHP file ?

Obviously this utility would be perfectly complete if it'd make use of drawing Scale-type.

Actually the math will be barely basic, but the help will be huge, IMHO.

Thanks,
Miguel