What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#198 by msetzekorn
Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:06 pm
There should be an easier way to establish a dropped ceiling grid layout than either hatching or creating voids. when placing light fixtures you can't snap to an intersection in both cases, and they are both cumbersome to set up. If anyone knows of a macro or other method to accomplish this task more efficiently, please let me know.
#203 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:06 pm
Hello Matthew:

To get to "snap" to the associative hatch, you can set the DataCAD snap grid to 2' x 2', and set the origin to same origin point as the hatch. As for the "extra" line across the light -- other than voids, or just living with the line; I dunno.

You can explode the hatch (at the last minute) and delete the extra line. I just tried putting a solid fill in the light symbol -- if you can do a colored fill symbol, and set the fill to plot last, that'll mask the hatch line.
#263 by Philip Hart
Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:55 pm
I place the fixtures first, then hatch in the grid, snapping to a point on a fixture to set the hatch origin. If voids are needed, I snap to the fixtures to create the polylines.

When the fixtures/grid need to move, I STRETCH them to their new location with layer search on so the voids go along with "their" fixtures, and then rehatch the grid, setting a new origin to a relocated fixture.