What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#3027 by Al Widmer
Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:52 pm
A MUST chance to DataCAD is to return hatching to the way it worked thru version 10: I could draw a wall, cut in doors and windows, and draw other connected walls: then go to hatch, select group, and then click all connected walls, then Begin would hatch the walls. When needed I could also use any combination of entity, group and area. Now, these are not recognized. I can ONLY hatch by using boundary to draw around each connected area of wall!
#3790 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:15 pm
Hello Al,

Would you please elaborate some more on this subject.

The "contour search" option don't address this feature ?

Thanks,
Miguel
#3798 by Nick Pyner
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:13 pm
There is nothing wrong with V11's hatching. I'm not sure what your probblem is but I think it has something to do with layer search.
#3800 by csteidel
Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:19 pm
I know what Al means... In V10 you used to be able to Identify-set all, then select an existing associative hatch by EGAFS, it would hi-light, then you could change one or more parameters and hit begin and it would change... you could do this over and over again til you got the result you wanted.
Now in V11 if you don't do an Identify-Set All, and you select an existing hatch, it gets changed to whatever parameters are in the system at the present time. Hard to get used to, but just a different way of activating the change.
Actually it was requested by people who didn't like to have to hit the begin button (and people who like me occasionally set up a bunch of boundaries, then accidently right clicked one too many times and got dumped out of the hatch menu before I could hit begin!)