What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#43330 by Mark Bell
Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:03 pm
Having used smart walls for just about all my projects there's a few wishlist improvements I'd like to see investigated for future releases:

1. When butting one wall to another (T) connexion, the abutting wall often trims through to the opposite wall face leaving snapping points on the opposite face,

2. Changing the control line to center has the abutting wall trim to the center leaving a wall half inside the other,

3. I can understand some wall types having a defined inner and outer face (cladding/lining), but generic wall types such as blockwork (CMU), brickwork, concrete etc. are essentially the same on both faces so trimming of abutting walls to either face should clean to that face and not go through to the opposite side,

4. A wishlist item would be to allow an abutting wall to trim to the nearface of the wall it is connecting to, ie. on the side of the crosshair/cursor irrespective on where the control line is for the wall type,

5. This would "guarantee" cleaner trimming of walls and prevent the snapping nodes being trimmed through to the opposite wall face which get in the way of stretching other entities on the opposite side,

6. Another issue is where different wall types on the same layer trim to a wall. Depending on the side of the wall they trim to depends on whether they trim through to the opposite face. In addition, the trimming cleans/cuts the wall face it trims to so when 2D walls are generated, one wall often ends up as several pieces of a wall.

7. A wishlist list item would be to add the ability for different wall types on a common layer to only trim to the nearside/cursor-side face of the wall without cutting/cleaning up at the wall face.