The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.

Moderator: pjdixit

#77306 by dhs
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:15 am
During the installation, the upper path still just says Macros

Thanks for the feedback Neil. I have spent quite a while puzzling over this, but think I have now found the cause. Do you have a 'Macros' folder in your download folder (or whatever folder you are running the install program from)?

The current logic in the install program gets the macro path from the dcadwin.ini file and then checks if that folder exists. If it does not exist then it knows that it is a relative path and inserts the Install Directory in front of it. Obviously the assumption that it is not a relative path if the folder exists is not necessarily valid, so I need to rewrite that little bit of my install script (will post and updated copy once I have done that).
#77377 by dhs
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:25 pm
Found some unexpected (and unwanted) behaviour if the macro is configured to define spaces by wall center and you enter spaces by dimension (F8 option after selecting first corner). I have fixed this in version 0.0.0.33 that is available for download from https://www.dhsoftware.com.au/SpacesBeta.html.

I have also removed the expiration logic from this beta (previous beta versions will stop working at the end of this year). I still expect to release the v1.0 before the end of the year, but am not as confident as I once was about that :?

Thanks.