The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#8213 by joshhuggins
Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:43 pm
Is there a way to change how large the Multi-view windows are when docked? I would like to dock a few but they are too big to put where I want them. I would like to get them down to the size of a toolbar icon so I can dock them in line with a toolbar at the bottom of my screen so they are always there. Pleasezzzzzzzz! Thx
#8245 by joshhuggins
Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:14 pm
That would be nice too. Dock them together, then drag on corner and have them all stretch together. Is that what you need? It would be cool!
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri May 14, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#8251 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:44 am
Sounds good, guys.

Go ahead.

Thanks,
Miguel
#79750 by joshhuggins
Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 pm
Is there still not a way to adjust the size of the multi-view windows when docked?
#79751 by Dave
Fri May 14, 2021 11:59 pm
When undocked would be nice if they could be kept in a master window that gives options for number of multi view windows required and there layout. I float 10 multi view windows on my second monitor between layer and symbol managers , top and bottom windows are double width of the rest. Would be nice if I could just have them drop into a grid then be able to right click and view fullscreen or full overall grid size 1 of them.

DaveR
Attachments
MVGrid.png
#79752 by Mark F. Madura
Sat May 15, 2021 2:56 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Is there still not a way to adjust the size of the multi-view windows when docked?

Hi Josh,

This was never exposed. The default width and height (also the docked width and height) is the width and height of your primary display divided by 11. For the next build, I'll add the following keys to the [MultiView Windows] section...

[MultiView Windows]
Docked Width=
Docked Height=
Min Width=
Min Height=

MFM
#79753 by joshhuggins
Sun May 16, 2021 12:42 am
Mark F. Madura wrote:This was never exposed. The default width and height (also the docked width and height) is the width and height of your primary display divided by 11. For the next build, I'll add the following keys to the [MultiView Windows] section...

[MultiView Windows]
Docked Width=
Docked Height=
Min Width=
Min Height=

MFM

Sweet, thanks Mark!
#79754 by Mark F. Madura
Mon May 17, 2021 11:04 am
I've expanded the user-definable settings for Multi-View Windows for the next build:

Dockable to
By default, Multi-View Windows dock to the Top, Bottom, Left, and Right sides of the DataCAD application window. Set any of the Dockable to keys to FALSE if you don't want the windows to dock to the corresponding side.

Snap Distance
By default, the Snap Distance is zero. When this value is greater than zero, the Multi-View Window will 'snap' to the edge of the screen when it falls within the distance (in pixels) you set.

[MultiView Windows]
Dockable to Top=TRUE
Dockable to Bottom=TRUE
Dockable to Left=TRUE
Dockable to Right=TRUE
Docked Width=
Docked Height=
Min Width=32
Min Height=32
Snap Distance=0
#79756 by joshhuggins
Mon May 17, 2021 4:24 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Can someone remind me how to resize the docked Symbol Browser, please?
I believe it is in the Program Prefs, Interface Tab, under Symbol Browser, Symbol Browser Docked Width. The value add that number of "pixels" to the default I believe.
#79768 by Mark F. Madura
Thu May 20, 2021 11:15 am
I've added a few more behaviour settings to the Multi-View Windows...

Magnetize
If TRUE, Multi-View Windows will 'stick' to each other if their 'outside' edges fall within the Snap Distance.

Grid Snap Distance
If set to a value other than zero (the default), toolbar windows will move in increments of the Grid Snap Distance.

[MultiView Windows]
Dockable to Top=TRUE
Dockable to Bottom=TRUE
Dockable to Left=TRUE
Dockable to Right=TRUE
Docked Width=
Docked Height=
Grid Snap Distance=0
Magnetize=FALSE
Min Width=32
Min Height=32
Snap Distance=0