The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#77306 by dhs
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:15 am
During the installation, the upper path still just says Macros

Thanks for the feedback Neil. I have spent quite a while puzzling over this, but think I have now found the cause. Do you have a 'Macros' folder in your download folder (or whatever folder you are running the install program from)?

The current logic in the install program gets the macro path from the dcadwin.ini file and then checks if that folder exists. If it does not exist then it knows that it is a relative path and inserts the Install Directory in front of it. Obviously the assumption that it is not a relative path if the folder exists is not necessarily valid, so I need to rewrite that little bit of my install script (will post and updated copy once I have done that).
#77377 by dhs
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:25 pm
Found some unexpected (and unwanted) behaviour if the macro is configured to define spaces by wall center and you enter spaces by dimension (F8 option after selecting first corner). I have fixed this in version 0.0.0.33 that is available for download from https://www.dhsoftware.com.au/SpacesBeta.html.

I have also removed the expiration logic from this beta (previous beta versions will stop working at the end of this year). I still expect to release the v1.0 before the end of the year, but am not as confident as I once was about that :?

Thanks.
#77507 by dhs
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:29 am
Have come across (and fixed) a few bugs while making a video to demonstrate the macro (mostly cosmetic or minor, but a couple not quite so minor), with the result that a new beta version (0.0.0.34) is now available. It can be downloaded from https://www.dhsoftware.com.au/SpacesBeta.html for anybody that is interested.

I now expect to release the 1.0 version of the macro in the next week or so...
#77536 by dhs
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm
I have released v1 of the Spaces macro this morning. It is available on my web site at https://www.dhsoftware.com.au/spaces.htm.

Many thanks to those who provided feedback during the beta versions ... I am of course still interested to hear any feedback about the released version (whether suggestions for enhancement or reports of any problems you have with it).

Thanks,
David H.
#81002 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:44 am
David,

I am back working and I would like to use your Spaces macro. Have you "finished" this, and if so, how can I pay you for the the macro? The architect we are working with will also need to buy a copy.

Edit - I see the Register link in v1 - thanks for doing this macro, Dave!

Neil
#81003 by dhs
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:41 pm
Hello Neil,
Good to hear from you. The latest version of the Spaces Macro is 1.0.6 available from my web site.
It is freeware so no need to pay for it (although contributions are always appreciated at https://www.dhsoftware.com.au/contribute.htm).

Note that I am aware that some virus scanners are reporting a false positive on the Spaces install file. Let me know If this is an issue for you and I can send you a zip of the discreet files that you can manually unzip to the required locations.
False positives are becoming an increasing problem for small developers as there a so many virus programs out there and it seems like some of them detect just about anything as suspicious if the file being tested is not on their white list (usually using some sort of generic threat description ). Most have a mechanism to report false positives but many require you to have used their virus program in order to log the issue with them. As I don't want to install a myriad of AV programs the most recent macros I have released are distributed as zip files (rather than executable installs) and that appears to get passed by the majority (but not all) AV programs. I will be looking at changing some of my previous macros to zip files in future.

Regards,
David H.
#81008 by dhs
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:08 pm
Thanks for letting me know Neil. You can download a zip file here (note the directory structure - some files need to be placed in your DataCAD Macros folder, while others need to be placed in a dhSoftware folder within DataCAD's Support Files folder).

I can reproduce the problem with MS Edge where SmartScreen appears to be blocking the download (even though Windows Defender does not report any threats in the file). I have submitted a false positive report to Microsoft, but not being an Enterprise Customer I believe that my report will be assigned a lower priority.

I don't have any problem downloading the file using Firefox - it may be that it is your AV program that is blocking it rather than Firefox itself. Can you advise what AV program you are using (the file tests as clean using ESET Security, Windows Defender and ClamWin which are the AV programs that I have installed).
Last edited by dhs on Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#81009 by dhs
Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:09 pm
I got a result from my Microsoft submission a bit sooner than I expected. They confirm that the file is clean, and state that it should no longer display any warnings (from Microsoft products at least - you may still have problems in Firefox?).
Given the install file detects and installs into the appropriate directories (and creates the dhSoftware folder if required) I would prefer that you used that rather than the zip if you are now able to download it.
msresponse-f42c5d52-ab99-45d3-8da1-5014df083354.png

I made the mistake of getting a new Signing Certificate a few years ago and it has yet to establish reputation. My previous certificate established reputation quite quickly (so I regret not renewing it - I posted some comments on this it a previous forum post}. I think they must have tightened the requirements for reputation establishment, and given the small number of users who download my signed files I have come to the conclusion that the new certificate may never establish 'reputation' :?
Regards,
David H.
#81014 by dhs
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:26 pm
Despite being told my Microsoft that the download should no longer show any warnings, it is still being blocked by Edge on my computer. I have reached out to the Microsoft Community, but unless I get some useful advice from there (or if anybody on this forum has useful advice) I really don't know how to fix the download issue ...