The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#46058 by Joseph Baron
Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:29 pm
Hello,

I'm using DataCAD 10.05, and I'm looking for a DCAL routine that will find the entlin entities that are surrounding a point where you click on the screen.

Picture if you will drawn lines (entlin) that form a square, polygon, or other irregular shape. The shape is closed on all sides, and there could be up to 15 to 20 different sides.

I want to be able to 'click' inside of the drawn shape and have a DCAL routine that will return all of the line entities found in the drawn shape so I can further process the found entities in a DCAL program.

Any takers? If so please quote me a price and/or give me your email address so I can forward additional drawings/information.

Thanks.
#46064 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 pm
Sounds like the contour search from hatch/SBF might be heading in the right direction but don't remember if that was in version 10 or not. Someone more knowledgeable than I wll have to chime in.
#46325 by Joseph Baron
Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:20 pm
In reference to the above request I've decided to work with polylines instead of just entlin entities on this particular project, and created the first modules for it today.

Is there anything available for polylines (entpln) that will order the polyverts the way that poly_fix orders pnts for polygons?

Maybe I'm missing a convert entpln to entply procedure somewhere??
#46327 by rod_walker
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 pm
poly_fix works on pntarr so should order the vertices of the polyline. (I have not tried it yet.)
#46330 by Joseph Baron
Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 pm
That's what I thought at first glance of poly_fix, it comes down to the differences in an entpln vs entply, I haven't worked with either of these extensively in the past but what I'm looking at doing involves complete control of the entity to extensively modify and add other entities with it. entpln has unlimited polyverts whereas the entply is limited to 36. The project hinges on being able to achieve this control of the entpln.

Thanks for the response...

Hah, I just noticed we almost had the same sign up day back in 2005.
#46350 by Joseph Baron
Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 pm
I was able to use poly_fix afterall by first extracting the points then reloading the polyverts.

Thanks for everyones reponses.

I think I got it working the way I need it to...