The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#52732 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:26 pm
Is it possible to make a EGAFM selection during a toolbar sequance? Trying to allow the user to select a set objects and then continue running the macro. I feel like I'm missing the obvious. I thought the 0170 ª Pause/Prompt was what was used but that seems to only be for providing a macro prompt. Thanks for any ideas.
#52904 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:54 pm
Code: Select all^;^F7^ªSelect EGAFS Option^ªSelect entities to erase.^ªClick Again1^ªClick Again2^ªClick Again3^ªClick Again4^S0^ªDone!^
In this example, the macro calls Edit, Erase. The EGAFs (a.k.a. Selection Menu) is shown automatically. I don't think there is anyway to call this menu using an extended character code. Subsequently, the Pause/Prompt character is used to pause the macro sequence. Unfortunately, DataCAD is only waiting for a click which could be left-click, right-click, or menu pick. So if the user does not perform the right mouse operation during the pause, the rest of the macro will probably fail.

What exactly are you trying to do?

MFM
#52906 by Roger D
Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:19 pm
0176 ° Entity
0177 ± Group
0178 ² Area
0202 Ê Fence

Do these codes help or work?
#52916 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:13 pm
I was trying to figure out a way to make a renumbering macro, adding two pauses, one for each selection point worked as shown below
Code: Select allHint21=Renumbererer
Icon21=Attention
A21=^;^F0^S8^S2^F3^ªSelect Area^ªSelect Area^01$^02$^03$^04$^ etc....
I was going to extend the code to about 50 numbers, but I couldn't figure out a way to stop the number input once I ran out of selected objects. I think this is going to require some DCAL to be able to check the status of something. This might be a good simple first macro for me to try. I'll post my progress here. Thanks guys, have a great weekend.