The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#58936 by ORWoody
Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 am
I would like to work on a little macro for drawing stairs in a straight run. Nothing particularly complex, but one of the variables would be the number of risers. How does one test for repeats for until done in DCAL?
Thanks much,
Woody
#58941 by ORWoody
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 pm
Thanks much for those options. I knew about them as tests, but am not clear on how to re-direct. In basic, I just used a line identifier to force the return to Do/Until. Is the method similar in DCAL?
Thank you,
#58942 by ORWoody
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:11 pm
Would While work like If in this case? If so, could I then have a sub-routine that just drew the next riser and called the While again?
#58943 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:39 pm
You can't call the While loop back from the sub-routine (function). You'd want to do something like:
Code: Select allvar
   Current_Riser : integer;

Current_Riser := 1;
WHILE (Current_Riser <= Num_Risers) DO
   { *** Call your function to draw the riser here *** }
   Current_Riser := Current_Riser + 1;
END;

Dave
#58953 by ORWoody
Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:02 pm
I have a dcs file written out and during DCC1, I end up getting a simple error message in regards to a semicolon being needed to end a statement. For the life of me, I can't find where one is missing. I go to the line identified and search above, but nothing jumps out at me. If there is anyone willing to assist me with this, I would be grateful.
Warning: I am a bit like a cat that has been fed at the back door. Once helped, I continue begging until done. I'd like to be more proficient at DCAL, but can never seem to move beyond the basics on my own.
Thank you,
#58999 by ORWoody
Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 am
In order to get the WHILE to work, I assume that it must be part of an independent procedure that initiates the DO for each riser. Would one of you real programmers look at this and tell me why I get an error message indicated for a redefined symbol for Current_Riser : integer?

!--------------------------------------------------------------
PROCEDURE risernum (current_riser, num_risers : IN integer);
VAR
Current_Riser : integer;
BEGIN
Current_Riser := 1;

WHILE (Current_Riser <= Num_Risers) DO
do_sections;
Current_Riser := Current_Riser + 1;
END;
END
END risernum;