The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#60002 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:39 pm
Is there a list somewhere of what the entity attribute numbers associate to?
#60003 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:58 pm
Attribute numbers? Could you be a little more specific? I'm not sure I know what you're referring to.

Dave
#60005 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 pm
Mark's got it, we see randomly say, an exterior wall line, or what I would expect to be a wall line have a value of attrib=5 and then the interior wall line have a attrib=6. I usually find this when a door or window won't properly cut into the wall as expected or a XTL cleanup won't work. I was trying to find a list of what the attributes were in the hope of figuring out what we might be doing causing mismatched wall lines without matching attributes. Maybe we are trimming curves weird or using a door or window lines when trimming somehow. Doesn't happen much but maybe once a month in our office, and from way back in the day. I looked in the manual and all the DCAL docs I have but couldn't find a list. If my memory is working today, I think 5 is for 2 line walls, and I don't recall any others.
#60006 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:39 pm
Okay, I'm with ya now. Gimme a few and I'll whip up a list of values for you. They aren't (I think) published in any DCAL docs because as far as I know, I'm the only person that assigned and used them. And only internally to DataCAD.

Dave
#60007 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 pm
I feel like I'm getting a piece of your loving soul :D
#60008 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:54 pm
Okay, this is gonna take me a bit longer than anticipated. It's been a long time since I implemented that system of using the .attr field to differentiate regular lines from 2-line, 3-line, 4-line walls and door-swing arcs. It's also used for wall-line "highlighting" for the old multi-line walls.

Give me a few days to wrangle all this info together.

Dave
#60011 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:11 am
Okay Josh, here's what I've come up with thus far. All of the following are part if the old wall system.

• Attrib=4 : Line is part of a door
  • Attrib=5 : Line is part of a 2-Line wall
  • Attrib=36 : Line is part of a 3-Line wall
  • Attrib=63 : Line is part of a 4-Line wall

Dave
#60013 by Roger D
Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 am
Is this some triva info, or is there a way we can use this info in a keyboard/command alais/toolbar?
Maybe someone writting a new macro could use it?